torsdag 9 augusti 2012

vem är husexpert?

Följande historia har jag hittat på Internet (källa):
This story happened a few years ago. A friend referred me to his mother, a real-estate agent who wanted a new website for her business. I called her to set up an appointment.
Client: So, what is your expertise in real-estate?
Me: I’ve done two real-estate websites in the past, and they’ve been quite successful. I can provide you with a searchable database of listings where buyers can filter by price and other factors, as well as a homepage with featured listings, your bio, and anything else you’d like to include.
Client: Yes, but have you ever sold a house before?
Me: No.
Client: Why not?
Me: Because I’m not a real-estate agent. I’m a web developer.
Client: So how do you expect to do a website for me if you don’t know anything about being a realtor?
Me: I know enough to build a website with a listing database which you can very easily populate with descriptions, photos, and any other info you wish to provide the buyers with. I can also provide other tools, such as a mortgage calculator and a lead-tracking system that allows potential buyers to contact you with listings they are interested in.
Client: I really don’t think you know what you’re doing. I think I’m going to have to pass and find someone who knows how to sell a house.
Later, I discovered she had finished her website. On Geocities. Yellow background. 50pt font. Seemingly designed by a ‘real’ real estate agent…
Så vad är sensmoralen med att använda denna historia på bloggen Finaste Huset? Jo, jag är webbutvecklare och inte mäklare - så jag kanske borde sluta lägga mig i mäklarnas arbete och kommentera hus och hålla mig till mitt arbete? Det är nog inte lätt att vara mäklare heller och varje dag träffa "husexperterna" kunderna?

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...